Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Family's Best Friend

Hi all. It's been a long time coming and I have to share my point of view. I know there are a lot of sites out there either bashing Pit Bulls or loving them. I have to say I am a lover. Our baby is almost 2 1/2 and his name is Chops. It started as Pork Chop because he looked like a little piglet when he was born and over time shortened to Chops, Chopsy, or even Hop Skip. I have no idea where or how Hop Skip came to be but, he comes to it all the same.

He is just like one of the kids, Cassidy is convinced he is her baby brother since I can not have another child. He loves us and we love him. He is a scaredy cat. If it storms he's in our bed, if the guys are outside target practicing, he is in the bathroom. He HATES the bath but, if he is scared that is his safe haven. Or my sisters room (HAHAHAHA). When he is outside he is on duty, nothing comes in the yard, up the road even, without us knowing, which is good because we live so far out in the country. When he's in the house he automatically turns into a lap dog. I know he is 100 lbs but, he didn't get the memo.

Chops

I swear he takes snacks with his lips LOL. My niece insists on feeding him. She is 1 1/2, picks up his kibble and crams it in his mouth she loves Chops, until his tail wacks her but she tells him to "TOP CHOP" (stop Chops) and all is well.

Anyway, My point is, I love my dog. He is not just a family pet, but a family member. Our Best friend. I can't talk for all the other Pit's out there but ours was raised rite. He is fed, loved, borderline spoiled, he is good. He doesn't steal food out of the garbage, fight with other dogs, chew up furniture, or anything else. He will always have a place in our home and our hearts. God blessed us with him & God blessed him with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment