Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yay the Tooth Fairy

Here it is again, 9am and Cassie came running through, waiving her dollar, and excited. The magic of the Tooth Fairy. It is so amazing to me how some kids grow up so fast and others have that little spark of innocence that can light up an entire room. Cassidy has that spark.
Cassidy Rae Ann
                                                                           
It all started around Christmas with this specific tooth. I begged her to wiggle it out, it was loose and then she refused to touch it and it got back in there sturdy as ever. Santa came and went, the Easter Bunny came and went, the Tooth Fairy has been here 4 or 5 other times since then. There was still THAT TOOTH!!!!

This one little tiny baby tooth had become known to the entire family. It's been 6 stinkin months. We have made deals, bets, wagers, you name its', all on this little tooth. Finally a deal was struck that made priority. A trip to the Sweet Tooth if that little tooth should EVER come out.
 The Sweet Tooth is this awesome ice cream shop that has been down town forever I think. My oldest daughter has been trying to talk that tooth out since May when they opened for the season. With no luck of course. Abby leaves to spend time with her grama and a week later, here it is.

Driving home from the nursing home last night on our daily trip to visit my grama, she lets out a yell "It's coming out ahhh its bleeding this time!!!"   "MOM  DADDY   WE HAVE TO GO TO THE SWEET TOOTH!!!!". We were both stunned. There it was hanging on by a thread, the tiny conversation starter was about to fall out.

We got home she grabbed her stuff and went strait to the mirror in our bedroom. When she came out there was blood on her hands, cheek down to her chin, and all over her forehead like she had to stop and think about it for a minute. In the dining room looking like a butcher the tooth was still in there. I said come here let me try. Then the tears.

If a stranger would have walked in at that moment, I would have had a lot of explaining to do. Her crying, covered in blood up to her elbows and whole face, and me hugging her saying it's gonna be ok Sissy. I examined the situation. It was turned around backwards and sticking out to the side. I gave it a tiny twist and tug and the tooth that was attached to an artery was in my hand.

She was ready to write the letter, and put it under the pillow. As the night went on and it calmed down she got restless and kept getting up. She knows the routine, this it the 9th tooth she lost. The Tooth Fairy has to be home by 12 sharp, so to get her to stop you have to be sleeping. About 11:15 was her last trip in here saying "when does she stop coming?"  then she was out.

Her baby's Beary and Piggy, in snuggle mode with her, the tooth tucked in, and Cassie sleeping like a baby, The magic is about to begin in the flash of an eye. The magic that reminds me of my childhood. This Magic, the very same Magic  that I lived for and lost so young, is in my little girl. The beautiful Magic that gives me chills when I see her face lite up.

My daughters are my whole world. I love sharing the magic with them, like my mom did with me. The stories and enthusiasm, to build up the spirits and leave a lasting impression. I love this Magic. I can't wait til they can share it with their babies and tell someone else, and get shivers and chills and teary eyes like me.

Have a good day and I hope you all find at least a little magic in your adult lives. It does make it better.


Cassidy











2 comments: